Friday Jan 17, 2020, the lab took a field trip to Hillcrest Vancouver Curling Club where lab members learned basics of curling. Fun day! We hope to do it again.
We are honored and grateful for this unique opportunity. Dr. Teves joins 8 other scholars as winners of this year’s competition. For more information on the Wall Scholar Program and the Peter Wall Institute for Advanced Studies, please see https://pwias.ubc.ca/announcements/2020-2021-wall-scholars
Welcome to Shivani Kundra as the newest member of the Teves lab. Shivani received her Ph.D. in Microbiology from the Panjab University. Prior to joining us, she did a postdoctoral training in the Lemos lab at the University of Florida. We look forward to her time here!
Welcome to Hazel, the lab’s first directed studies student. After 16-month co-op, Hazel returns to finish her Bachelors with a major in Biochemistry. She will be doing her thesis project with us. We look forward to your time here!
Welcome Rachel Price to the Teves lab. She is a recent graduate of Whitman College, and has moved recently from Walla Walla, WA.
We are all very sad that Jeffrey is leaving the lab to resume his undergraduate degree. He now has the distinction of being the first lab member, as well as the first lab alumnus. Thank you for everything and we wish you all the best with your future career.
The Teves lab is looking for a motivated, detail-oriented research technician (Tech II position) to start immediately. Minimal requirements include an undergraduate degree in Biochemistry (or related field), 3 years of laboratory research experience, and capacity to work in teams. Experience in mammalian cell culture and/or genomics analyses would be great but we can teach you as well!
- Carry out an independent research project using a variety of molecular biology and next-generation sequencing technologies to map transcription and chromatin structure in mammalian cell culture.
- Keep inventory, ordering, receiving and stocking supplies and keeping records of orders in a data base.
- Supervise undergraduate students including work/learn and directed studies students.
- Provide training for users of the instruments and equipment in the laboratory.
- Attend weekly group meeting, weekly 1:1 meeting with supervisor, and relevant departmental seminars.